B-A-N-A-N-A-S RULE!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1st in a series of many--Kristen's short(ish) stories!~~ The Swimming Pool

+3
Janna Banana
MissSparkle
Kristen
7 posters

Go down

1st in a series of many--Kristen's short(ish) stories!~~ The Swimming Pool Empty 1st in a series of many--Kristen's short(ish) stories!~~ The Swimming Pool

Post  Kristen Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:05 pm

Prolouge.
It all started in August. August 24th, 2008, to be exact.
Construction was finished on the neighborhood pool on that day. Jamie was so excited, naturally, as any 8 year old would be.
"Mommy! Daddy! They finished the swimming pool!" She yelled across the house. She was standing on her bed, her face pressed up against the bedroom window, peering out at the shiny new pool.
Her dad came in her bedroom. "That's great, honey, but you need to clean your room! And its almost dinner time," He said.
As if on cue, the mom shouted, "Come here guys! Dinner time," She was in the kitchen, finishing up their dinner. That night, dinner was tacos, Jamie's favorite and it was set up like a buffet. All the toppings were on the dining room table. Jamie's dad left the room, saying, "I'll make a taco and put it on the counter for you, Jamie." She pulled my head off of the foggy window, said "Ok, thanks Daddy! I'm coming!"
Jamie hopped off her bed and ran into the kitchen. She picked up her taco and ate some of it. She observed, "Mmm, this taco is even better then last time!" But no one answered. Puzzled, she walked into the dining room, and to her surprise, no one was there. "Mommy?" She called. No answer. "Daddy?" She tried again. No answer yet again. Jamie decided to try going to their bedroom. No one was there either. She walked around the whole house, but no parents were found. By this point, she was REALLY creeped out. She crept back to the living room and sat down. "Mommy, Daddy," She bawled.
Suddenly, Jamie felt something or someone behind her. She slowly turned her head to see what it was... and SCREAMED. "No!" Jamie screamed, "I've heard about you. this-this can't be happening!" She backed away from it. "Nooooooo," was her final word before it took her.

Chapter 1.
I plopped down on the smooth leather couch and picked up the remote. Pointing the remote at the TV, I sighed. The summertime was so boring sometimes. I was home alone all day, my only companion being our stuffy old Doberman, George. The TV turned on to the news channel. I groaned, getting ready to change the channel to Disney Channel when something caught my interest.
"Today's lead story: 8 year old and her family missing. We don't know many details yet. The only thing we know is that whatever took them left behind this." George then walked up, begging for food. "Not right now, George!" I said. I missed a bit of the news but when I looked back at the TV, the newscaster held up a tile-like object with unusual lettering. "We don't know what connection this has to the missing people, but we will investigate. We'll keep you posted as this story unfolds." "Hmmm..." I thought out loud, "weird.." "And for our next story! Crocodiles all over the city are disappearing... I changed the channel. I can only watch the news for so long. Disney Channel came on and Wizards was on! I was sitting there enjoying Jake T. Austin's hotness and the show's funnyness when the phone rang. It was my best friend, Rachel. "Hey girl what's up?" I said, answering the phone. "Kristen, you gotta go to the neighborhood pool. You have to see this." She said, worried. "What happened?" I asked, propping myself up on one elbow and running my hand through my hair. "Well.. you'll just have to wait and see. HURRY!" She rushed and hung up. "Ughh." I said, forcing myself to get up. I brushed my long, thick hair back into a ponytail and got my flipflops on. Writing a note to my mom that said where I was going, I rushed out the door. I hopped on my bike and sped off towards the pool. When I got there, Rachel ran up and breathlessly said, "Come seeeee it!!" I chained my bike to the rack on the side of the clubhouse and followed her to the pool area. Aaron and Aimee were also there. "Dude, look at this," Aaron said, holding an object up. I got closer to see what it was. "Woah." I said.

Last edited by Kristen on Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:31 pm; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : update :D)
Kristen
Kristen
Admin

Back to top Go down

1st in a series of many--Kristen's short(ish) stories!~~ The Swimming Pool Empty Re: 1st in a series of many--Kristen's short(ish) stories!~~ The Swimming Pool

Post  MissSparkle Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:07 pm

Awesome.

Testing the admin editing feature.
~Kristen.
MissSparkle
MissSparkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

1st in a series of many--Kristen's short(ish) stories!~~ The Swimming Pool Empty Re: 1st in a series of many--Kristen's short(ish) stories!~~ The Swimming Pool

Post  Kristen Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:09 pm

Why thank you. (:

I think I'll put this on WI too
Kristen
Kristen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MissSparkle Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:22 pm

Why, you're welcome.
MissSparkle
MissSparkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Janna Banana Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:41 pm

You should totally put it on WI!
Janna Banana
Janna Banana
Admin

https://bananasrule.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristen Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:22 pm

I put it on WI (:
I have a good idea for that chapter so I'll edit it
Kristen
Kristen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  000000005 Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:44 am

xD It was me. I'm pretty scary. xD What a Face
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lizzy Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:44 am

What the smileys is it? Question
Lizzy
Lizzy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristen Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:53 am

I updated the story.
I fixed the proulouge so now the rest of story makes sense xD
Kristen
Kristen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lizzy Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:30 pm

Still, what the smileys is it!? No
Lizzy
Lizzy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristen Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:33 pm

New chapter coming up Very Happy
Kristen
Kristen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristen Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:56 pm

New chappie Very Happy
Kristen
Kristen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pwnage Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:37 am

(Too lazy to read the whole thing)
That was great. xD
Pwnage
Pwnage
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  000000005 Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:21 pm

nice update!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristen Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:14 pm

I'll update it eventually..
I'm caught up in a REALLY good book series and spend all my time reading it.. xD
Kristen
Kristen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  cookies321 Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:12 pm

Nice story!

cookies321

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum